Thanks again to Chandoo for his superb trick. This is just a replication of his post.
Excel has a built-in feature that lets you transpose data with a single click.
- Just select your original data
- Press CTRL+C to copy
- Go to an empty area and open Paste Special (CTRL+ALT+V)
- Select Transpose.
Although this approach works, it creates a copy of your original data. So whenever original numbers change, you must waste precious key strokes & time re-doing the transpose.
6 Steps to transpose a table of data by using Copy, Paste, Find & Replace
- Copy your original data & paste links to it in a blank place (CTRL+ALT+V and L)
- Select this new data & Press CTRL+H
- Replace all = with x=
- Copy again & paste special > transpose in another blank area
- Press CTRL + H again and Replace all x= with =
- You are Done!
Try to do it yourself. It’s really fun!